Instagram’s invite collaborator option allows users to use Instagram feeds, posts, or reels to collaborate with their friends and other users. Once you have collaborated on a post, both your username and the other person’s name will appear on the post, it will show on both your profiles, and both accounts share views, likes, and comments.
This being said, some users have run into problems when trying to access this feature, so let's run through the different ways to fix the invite collaborator option not showing on Instagram.
Why Can’t You Use The Collaborate Feature On Instagram?
The Instagram invite collaborator option won't show if you have a personal account, so you'll need to switch this to a professional account for it to work. Also, if your account is set to private, you'll need to set it to public. Additionally, you can contact Instagram support to resolve the issue.
How To Fix Invite Collaborate Option Not Working: (Step-By-Step)
On iOS And Android:
If you’re trying to post and aren’t seeing the invite collaborator option on the Instagram app on either an iOS or Android device, then below is a step-by-step guide to help solve this problem.
Before we begin, it's important to note that you can only collaborate with one other person and that person will have to accept your collab invite for the feature to work. Also, you can't add a collaborator after you've posted, and to do so you'll have to delete the post and repost. Finally, make sure the collab feature is available in your country, and make sure your Instagram app is updated to the latest version.
Switch To A Professional Account
- Log into the Instagram app and tap the hamburger menu in the top right corner and then tap Settings
- Click Account and scroll to the bottom
- Click on Switch to a Professional account, scroll through the options and finally click the Done button
- Confirm the changes and click the done button.
- Reload the app.
- To confirm your account has switched successfully, open the Instagram app
- Tap on the plus icon and upload a photo or video, then tap the arrow in the top right to process it
- Then press Tag People, and at the bottom of your pic you’ll see an option to Tag a collaborator, and then you can invite people, businesses, and brands into the post.
- To finish, press the arrow in the top right corner to post your content
Reporting The Issue
After trying these options, if you find that it’s still not working, then you can use the below method to report the issue to support.
- Firstly, hit the plus symbol to create a post, and press the Tag People option. You should see the Invite collab option here, if not, take a screenshot that will be used to send to the support team
- Open the Instagram app and locate your profile
- Click the menu bar (three lines) at the top right of the screen
- Click Settings
- Locate Help (third from bottom option)
- Report a Problem (the top option)
- Select Report a Problem again (bottom option)
- Then tell them that you are facing issues with the Instagram Collaborator feature not showing in your account. Attach the screenshot you took from your Gallery
- Then press Submit (top right)
In 2021, Instagram finally allowed users to post pictures from their desktops. The PC app or direct browser posting is similar to the application's posting methods. However, adding reels, stories, or collaborating with other creators isn't currently a feature available in the web version of Instagram, and you'll need to do this via your mobile app.